2014年5月27日星期二

I had to do something

Going from the Dorista assignment list to the recipe itself  felt like something of a “bait and switch” – even though I knew already it probably would not involve a glass of champagne with a splash of fresh orange juice. Still, you can’t blame me for being just a little let down seeing as how I had just rushed home from work quite late with little time left to make these broiled leeks vinaigrette with mimosa and get posted.  A mimosa at the end of a busy day would have done me nicely thankyouverymuch Neogen Korea.
I’ve had several dishes plated with a heavy dusting of finely grated hard boiled egg yolks before (or both yolk and whites as is called for here) before but I didn’t realize that there was a fancy schmancy name for this treatment: mimosa. “Mimosa” in this context is an allusion to the Acacia dealbata which is a bright orange flower which evidently is also called “mimosa”.
Guess which cocktail is also colored orange like this flower?  Right otterbox review.

Broiled Leeks Vinaigrette with MimosaThe original recipe can be found here and does not include the broiling step which I have added here after the initial poaching . Doing this lightly caramelizes the leek interiors, softening them up further. Something my larger than desired leeks required.
Smaller and more tender leeks may be available at country produce stands and Paris markets but at the supermarkets I must frequent rushing home on a work night don’t usually carry them storage cubes.
They do carry champagne, however.  I had to do something!

没有评论:

发表评论